BRUSSELS AIRLINES IS THE OFFICIAL CARRIER OF SIM SENEGAL 2012, DISCOUNTED FARES AVAILABLE FOR PARTICIPANTS
Brussels Airlines: Official carrier of SIM SENEGAL 2012
Brussels Airlines is pleased to be your Preferred Carrier for SIM Senegalese Mining Conference & Exhibition 2012 and extends
15% discount on available economy fares from Europe or Israel to Dakar
10% discount on available business fares from Europe or Israel to Dakar
How to book?
Go to www.brusselsairlines.com, and after having chosen your dates and cities of departure and destination, click the option "I have a promocode". Enter the promocode that the organiser will have provided you with upon confirmation of your registration to the event.
When to book?
Book until 06 November 2012 and travel between 02 – 12 November 2012.
Discounts are valid only on flights operated by Brussels Airlines, and including the following flights:
- From Frankfurt, Munich, Stuttgart to Brussels vv on Lufthansa
- From Vienna to Brussels vv on Austrian Airlines
- From Zurich, Basel to Brussels vv on Swiss International Airlines
- From Ljubljana to Brussels vv on Adria Airways
- From Zagreb to Brussels vv on Croatia Airlines
- From Warsaw to Brussels vv on Lot Polish Airlines
- From Lisbon, Porto to Brussels vv on Tap Air Portugal
Your arrival in Dakar: Airport transfers
As a participant airport pick up on arrival and drop off on your return journey is included in your delegate package. However in order for us to do this, please can you inform us of your arrival / departure time and flight numbers.
Please also inform us of where you are staying so that we can take you to your hotel directly. If we do not receive this information then we cannot guarantee your collection at the airport.
Yellow fever vaccination:
Yellow fever vaccination is obligatory when entering Senegal and you should make sure that you bring your certificate or booklet with you, as it may be demanded at the airport. Failure to have this may mean that you have to pay to be vaccinated on arrival.
Shuttle bus service
We will be providing a shuttle bus service during the event to take you to the Le Méridien President and any other activities that are connected with the event. Please check your hotel for the latest timetable information when you arrive.
What should I bring with me to Dakar?
- A yellow fever certificate – this is mandatory and you may be asked for this on arrival
- A photocopy of your passport – as it is always advisory to carry your ID with you
- Insurance – you are responsible for arranging your own travel cover
- Credit card – Visa, Mastercard and American Express are accepted at the main hotels and some restaurants.
- Medical Kit – always a good option just in case
- Malaria tablets and mosquito spray – you are in a malarial zone
- Your mobile phone – you can buy a local SIM for about $5
- A Yellow Fever vaccination given at least ten days before entry into Senegal is required.
- Immunisation against Epidemic Meningitis with a multi-valent meningitis vaccine is advisable, although the risk in the urban area is low.
- Please make sure your immunisations against Polio, Tetanus, and Hepatitis A are up to date, although the risk for these diseases is not higher in Senegal than in any other country of the Global South.
- Malaria prevention is the most important precaution to take. You should not travel without a bottle of mosquito repellent and use it any time you plan to be outdoors in the evening. If malaria is not common where you live, you should also take prophylactic medication. Malaria in Senegal is resistant to Chloroquine. Use another recommended prophylactic drug, for instance Doxycycline. If you develop a fever within two weeks after return from Senegal, consult your doctor immediately
What currency do they use in Senegal?
The currency of Senegal is the CFA; the notes come in denominations of 1000, 2000, 5000 and 10,000. Coins are available in other amounts going up to 500 CFA. 1 Euro is approximately 655 CFA at the present time of writing. If you are bringing hard currency, euros are more widely accepted than dollars or pounds sterling and the exchange rate is better. If you want to withdraw money from cash machines, there are facilities for this throughout Dakar, make sure you inform your bank before you travel so that you can withdraw funds and they do not block your card!
What voltage is used?
If you are taking any electronic items to Senegal, the voltage requirement is 230 Volts.
What time zone is Senegal in?
Senegal Standard Time operates on Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
Can I drink the water in Senegal?
It is strongly recommended that you drink bottled water when you are there.